Friday, December 19, 2008

Rain..Rain.. Go Away....

So technically it didn't rain today. But it has rained a lot in the last month (see yesterday's post). The ground is still saturated.

Right here is where I was going to insert a picture of my mountain bike with gobs of red clay stuck all over it.......but I can't find it. That will be a post on it's own.

Anyway, I thought since this was "supposed" to be a blog with a bicycle angle and I had yet to write anything about riding, this would be my first. So use your imagination.

The area in which I live has a high content of clay in the soil. This makes the mud extremely slick and sticky. Is that a contradiction? I can remember as a kid walking through this sticky concoction. With each step, your shoe size grows. Pretty soon, they look like snow shoes (like I'd know what they look like). Now imagine that happening to a bike tire. Pretty quick your bike looks like this.

So what have we learned today.

1. There has to be a better way to organize photos where they can be found.
2. If it's wet stay at home. It's better on your bike and the trail.
3. We learned that Cornbread only has two points.

No comments: